SAFETY AND SERVICEABILITY
A SAFE SITE IS OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE TO ANY OWNER; LIKEWISE MACHINERY THAT’S EASY AND FAST TO SERVICE. BOTH THE 85Z AND 86C WILL PROTECT MACHINERY, OPERATORS AND BYSTANDERS ALIKE, AS WELL AS PROVIDING DOWNTIME-MINIMISING SERVICEABILITY.
Safer by design
- The 86c and 85z cab is ROPS and TOPS compliant with optional Level 1 & 2 FOPS protection. Further optional front screen guards provide peace of mind for operators, whilst boom and optional cab worklight guards protect vulnerable components in hazardous applications.
- Stability on both machines is best-in-class thanks to a large track frame width and low centre of gravity.
- JCB’s safety lever lock fully isolates hydraulic functions to prevent unintended movement.
- Our unique 2GO system ensures your midi excavator hydraulics can only be operated in a safe lockable position via two separate inputs. Additionally the hydraulics can only be activated when the operator is seated and the seatbelt is worn.
- The JCB 86c and 85z have excellent front visibility courtesy of a 70/30 front screen split. What’s more, there’s a clear view of the front right track for easy, safe trench digging and manoeuvring. Overall we have 11% more visibility than before.
- All dig end and dozer greasing intervals are best-in-class at 500 hours due to our graphite impregnated bronze bushes saving time and money.
- JCB’s open frame undercarriage design with sloping track legs minimises material build-up for easier cleaning.
- Underneath the wide opening steel bonnet you can easily fill the fuel tank on a JCB midi from ground level, made easier with the external diesel indicator. The optional refueling pump features an auto stop function for reduced spillage and increased safety.
- Key components are easy to get to: there’s a large inspection cover for the rotary joint and slew bearing; removable side skirts and in-fill panel. The sealed idler tension unit stops soil build-up; and dozer hoses terminate at the bulkhead for simple replacement.
- These machines feature colour-coded hydraulic hoses for easy identification.
- Lifting a JCB 86c or 85z is made easier because the tapered dozer lift points are behind the edge of the blade; this also keeps them protected.
- The two piece floor mat is removable for easy cleaning whilst the anti slip cast tread plate provides safe entry and egress as well as long term protection to the paint bodywork.