ECI JCB is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
ECI JCB also works with approved finance partners to deliver financing solutions to customers in relation to JCB Products (ECI JCB Finance Partner – Deutsche Leasing).
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the ECI JCB website (www.ecijcb.ie) or provided to ECI JCB across other departments such as Sales, Parts & Service.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
ECI JCB collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with, ECI JCB Products or services, to deal with any enquiries you may have about them and to improve and develop these for the future.
What Personal Information do we collect?
ECI JCB collects the following types of personal information about you:
- Forename and surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Company Name
- Details of the JCB Product you are interested in
- JCB Products often use JCB Livelink, telematics software which provides the machine location, critical machine alerts, maintenance records and other information about the functioning of your JCB Product.
How do we receive personal information about you?
ECI JCB receives this personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly or visit the ECI JCB website (www.ecijcb.ie) to request a quote for a JCB Product or service or to make a general enquiry
- Where you have contacted a ECI JCB or JCB Representative in relation to acquiring a JCB Product ECI JCB may also receive this type of information from that ECI JCB or JCB representative.
How do we use Personal Information about you?
ECI JCB uses this personal information about you:
- to identify who you are when you contact us
- to provide you with the JCB Products or services you have requested and to understand what JCB Products you may be interested in
- to contact you regarding your JCB Products to answer your technical queries or general enquiries or to administer warranty claims or product safety related communications
- to improve JCB Products or services and to carry out customer surveys
- to resolve complaints or issues you may have with a JCB Product or service
- to send you marketing information about JCB Products or services
- to invite you to ECI JCB events you may be interested in
- to complete finance requirements where finance is applicable on a deal
How will we contact you?
ECI JCB may contact you via post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have consented to a certain method of communication.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
ECI JCB will provide your personal information to:
- the relevant ECI JCB representatives and the relevant department in ECI JCB / JCB if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring JCB Products or services
- the relevant ECI JCB Finance Partners (Deutsche Leasing)if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products or services
Your personal information will be held in ECI JCB’s customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period. ECI JCB will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by ECI JCB:
- Access – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by ECI JCB
- Object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ECI JCB
- Rectification – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- Erasure – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by JCB or by a third party
You have a right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from ECI JCB and/or to amend the delivery method we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: Aisling Osborne, Data Protection Officer, ECI JCB Aerodrome Business Park Rathcoole Co. Dublin
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
If you are concerned or have questions about how ECI JCB handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.